Provide patient care and assistance to physician. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Assist Doctor with patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
• Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
• Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
• Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
• Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
• Facilitate physician and patient communications.
• Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
• Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
• Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
• Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
• Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or
Office Manager for insurance authorization.
• Provide backup surgery scheduling.