Certified Medical Assistant/Interventional Therapist Assistant-Diagnostic Imaging-FT-728004
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant/Interventional Radiology a part of the Diagnostic Imaging Department, a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
We are looking for a full-time employee who will be able to manage multiple duties while working in a professional and dedicated environment. The candidate for Certified Medical Assiatnt/Intervention Radiology Assistant will have the skillset necessary to:
• IR Assistant responsibilities: Go to person for the IR Radiologist and staff for anything IR related to maintain patient schedule and work flow. Performs tasks as directed by tech or RN.
• Screening Paperwork: Critique scheduled appointments to insure all pertinent information is obtained before patient’s exam date.
• Critiques schedule of exams and notes in RIS for problems including insurance coverage and eligibility, prior authorization, diagnosis correlating with exam, obtaining requisitions, appropriate lab work when needed and communication with referring physician’s offices when necessary.
• Checks for previous exams to insure all comparisons have been received and reviewed for appropriate scheduling, registers outside films for digitizing when necessary. Confirmation calls: Call patients to remind them about scheduled exam and review prep.
• Answers incoming calls; schedule patients for various procedures; ask all pertinent information to ensure exam is scheduled correctly, including the location of previous imaging, review necessary preps including appropriate blood work and pertinent pathology with patient; input patient demographics, billing instructions. Obtains prior authorizations when required.
• Monitors patient workflow, calls patients for exam, provided gowning instructions escorts patients to vehicle when needed.
• Helps to maintain supplies inventory for IR scheduling area and reports office equipment malfunctions. File and scan pathology reports that are faxed.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Experience in a medical office setting.
• Must understand, courteous and professional at all times in contacts with patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff.
• Assist Doctor with patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
• Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
• Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
• Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
• Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
• Facilitate physician and patient communications.
• Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
• Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
• Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
• Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
• Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or office Manager for insurance authorization.
• Provide backup surgery scheduling.• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with persons of varying age and/or cultures.
• Answers telephone as assigned, routes calls or takes messages appropriately.
• Respects confidentiality.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Certification: Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Nationally recognized certification as a medical assistant. (If the candidate is not certified at time of interview and has significant relevant experience, the candidate may be selected if and only if they agree to complete the certification process within six (6) months of employment. Must be explained and candidates signature to job description indicates an understanding that the position is contingent on successfully passing the certification examination within the first six (6) months of employment).