Financial Analyst-Accounting Department
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Financial Analysts in the Accounting Department, a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
We are looking for a Financial Analyst employee who will be able to manage multiple duties while working in a professional and dedicated environment. The candidate for Financial Analyst will have the skillset necessary:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Maintains hospital statistics
• Maintains hospital cost accounting system
• Maintain hospital financial reporting system
• Complete financial analysis of hospital indicators as required
• Prepare the daily dashboard
• Assist with measurement of performance against past organizational data and local, regional and national benchmarks
• Prepare financial projections as needed
• Prepare pro-forma analysis of potential capital or project investments.
• Assist with analysis of labor productivity
• Effectively utilize the cost accounting system for analysis
• Assist in gathering of cost report data
• Assist in budget preparation
• Assist in gathering data for various applications (e.g. insurance, certifications, licensing, etc.)
• Assist in preparation of financial statements
• Be the central source for hospital statistics to ensure consistency in reporting• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with persons of varying age and/or cultures.
• Answers telephone as assigned, routes calls or takes messages appropriately.
• Respects confidentiality.
• Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting Major or Health Services Administration.
• Understanding of Cost Accounting Principals
• Experience desirable in working with Medicare, Medicaid and other third party reimbursement systems.
• Previous financial analysis experience of at least 2 years is desirable. Other than hospital experience may be considered.
• Requires critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze and compute numbers.
• Must be able to coordinate and perform multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge of Excel and charting is a requirement and at least a basic knowledge of Word and Access databases.
• Self-motivated ability to work independently on projects with emphasis on planning, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Certification: Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.