Certified Medical Assistant-Champion Internal Medicine
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for Champion Internal Medicine department, a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Provide patient care and assistance to physician.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
We are looking for an employee who will be able to manage multiple duties while working in a professional and dedicated environment. The candidate for Certified Medical Assistant will have the skillset necessary to:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Experience in a medical office setting.
• Must understand, courteous and professional at all times in contacts with patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff.
• Assist Doctor with patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
• Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
• Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
• Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
• Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
• Facilitate physician and patient communications.
• Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
• Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
• Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
• Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
• Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or Office Manager for insurance authorization.
• Provide backup surgery scheduling.• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with persons of varying age and/or cultures.
• Answers telephone as assigned, routes calls or takes messages appropriately.
• Supports the Mission and Philosophy of the hospital and the Department. Demonstrates an understanding and application of these policies.
• Respects confidentiality.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Certification: Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Nationally recognized certification as a medical assistant. (If the candidate is not certified at time of interview and has significant relevant experience, the candidate may be selected if and only if they agree to complete the certification process within six (6) months of employment. Must be explained and candidates signature to job description indicates an understanding that the position is contingent on successfully passing the certification examination within the first six (6) months of employment).