Physical Therapy TechnicianGerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Physical Therapy Technician for of Rehabilitation Unit, a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Performs general, non-technical duties; assist physical therapists and physical therapy assistants in positioning, lifting, transferring, treating patients; maintain equipment and facilities.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Prepares treatment areas for incoming patients.
• Transports patients to physical therapy department as needed.
• Prepares patients and equipment for treatments.
• Assists patients to dress, undress.
• Ensures department is maintained in an orderly condition.
• Changes linen.
• Cleans and stores equipment after use.
• Provides general assistance to physical therapists and physical therapy assistants as directed.
• Provides care to the patient as indicated in the plan of care to include but not be limited to simple ambulation, therapeutic exercise, and modalities.
• Organizes, maintains par levels, and orders inventory for department clinical and clerical/office supplies.
• Performs clerical duties such as maintaining statistics, writing patient charges, answering telephone, managing the daily patient schedule and other related duties as directed.
• Maintains departmental policies, procedures, objectives, safety, environmental and infection control, quality assurance program.
• Assist in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.