Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary-FT for our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) which is a department that is a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Monitors ICU and telemetry patients.
• Obtains rhythm strips and documents the strips in the patient’s medical record.
• Answers, directs, prioritizes and refers telephone calls and messages appropriately.
• Practices basic computer and office skills.
• Respects confidentiality.
• Answers phone calls within 3 rings. Places and transfers phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
• Utilizes chain of command appropriately to resolve issues.
• Utilizes professional communication skills (clarity, courtesy, diplomacy, and tact) in serving as front line contact for the patient unit.
• Provides accurate information to appropriate others in a concise manner respecting patient’s right to privacy.
• Answers patient call lights within 3 beeps and directs patient/family requests appropriately.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Completion of EKG course within 6 months of hire.
• Ability to interpret EKG arrhythmias within 6 months of hire.
• Basic computer knowledge. Able to read/write English.