Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking Central Scheduler for our Champion Orthopaedics department which is a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
Responsible for all department elective and emergent surgery scheduling. Schedules surgeries at GCRMC and ASV. Coordinates all pre-operative and ancillary testing needed prior to surgery. Communicates information regarding impending surgery to patients and their families, within scope of knowledge. Assists in scheduling urgent and emergent surgeries. Arranges pre-certification and authorization with third party payers as necessary.
1. Displays intimate knowledge of procedure schedule; will be required to have in depth understanding of Clinical staff, equipment and OR availability, to provide requested procedures.
2. Works with the patient to provide appropriate appointment for procedure.
3. Updates patients of procedure details
4. Send patient a letter (copies referring provider), with detailed instructions (required prescriptions if applicable), as well as appointment card.
5. Coordinates patient calls 3-4 days before procedure – will be required to follow up until answer. Required to adhere to parameters put in place by division to supply highest level of service.
6. Gathers missing information necessary for Clinical Evaluation, or patient scheduling.
a. Contact referring physician office to gather any missing referral/request for procedure information.
b. Completes any missing information; provides Referring Clinical Staff with request forms that aid in the determination of medical procedure, necessity of treatment, and/or necessary follow up. Scheduler serves as a contact for future questions or concerns.
c. Scheduler may be required to speak with referring physician office to inform them of Clinic appointment as opposed to procedure appointment.
d. Some scheduler to patient calls may be required.
7. Confirms patient procedures within the Suite for Clinical staff.
a. Works closely with Clinical staff to accommodate procedure requests.
b. Coordinates patient care with various clinics, pre-admission testing, and staff. Required to work closely with Clinic Manager as well as clinical staff, to accommodate procedure requests.
e. Position will require constant interaction between clinic staff to manage procedure requests, maintain full schedules, as well as accommodate time sensitive requests
f. Arranges and confirms pre-certification and authorization with third party payers when necessary. Collects and provides necessary information for this process.
8. Pre-Procedural Preparation and communication to patients for procedures for Clinical staff.
a. Required to give patients pre-op arrangements, answers patient questions as they deal with pre-procedural questions.
b. Works with clinical staff to order necessary prescriptions for pre-procedure requirements, and pertinent instructions.
c. Calls patients with appointment reminders. Intentions are to speak with the patient, and elicit a response on the intent of the patient to keep the appointment.
9. Closing Scheduling Short-falls or gaps.
a. Deliver necessary paper work to pre-certification people. Responsible for gathering and presence of necessary information
b. Required to understand the procedure schedule, preference of staff physician performing the procedure, as well as other information that could determine patient presenting to procedure room. Intent is to work with all parties involved, under the direction of the Lead (Staff Physician, clinical staff, referring physician office, and patient) Ultimate intent of accomplishing 100% procedure show rate.
10. If procedures are canceled, requirement is to pull future cases/appointments to keep procedure schedule full; directed by Lead. This will require careful management and knowledge of internal staff schedules and preferences. Scheduler will be responsible for filling gaps with patients that require procedure. This will involve working with Clinical Staff, or referring physician office to manage schedule.
11. Prepares updates for physicians, and develops new ways of maximizing clinic, procedure and OR times
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two (2) years relevant experience preferred
• Certification: Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.