Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Regional Director in our Advanced Wound Care unit while being in a professional and growing health and health services organization.
Why us? GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
The Manager Materials Management is responsible for overseeing the physical and computer tasks involved in the procurement, receiving, storing and distribution of equipment, materials, mail and supplies. The Manager Materials Management will function as the coordinator of all supply chain logistics from procurement to delivery of all patient care supplies and equipment.
• Manages a staff of supply technicians and buyers, currently 8 Full Time Employee's (FTE's)
• In coordination with the buyers develops the procedures for the acquisition of supplies for the hospital and clinics
• As a working manager assist the supply technicians and buyers with the performance of routine tasks
• Coordinate with departmental leaders to ensure optimal par levels are maintained and that department requisitions for general store supplies are processed and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
• Manage on hand general stores inventory levels including conducting a weekly cycle count
• Manage monthly high dollar inventory count process
• Track coordinate and implement product standardization and coordinate all product changes across cross-clinical departments
• Manages Letters of Commitment with Group Purchasing Organization and optimizes supply costs
• Maintains required core competencies
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Facilitates and manages the effecting and timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the proper department and destination.
• Manages and executes the facility wide, annual physical inventory
• Implements processes and procedures that support effective operation of the material management department.
• Maintains a safe and orderly work environment for the general stores and materials management staff.
• Manage all product recalls and equipment notices
• Other duties as assigned by the Director Materials Management
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Procurement, or equivalent experience and training
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license, with a driving record acceptable by the hospital’s insurance carrier.
Five or more years of experience in Materials Management in an acute hospital environment
• A functioning understanding and knowledge of medical supplies and inventory management