Environmental Services Supervisor
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking an Full-Time Environmental Services Supervisor, which is a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
We are looking for a Full Time employee who will be able to manage multiple duties while working in a professional and dedicated environment. The candidate for Environmental Service Supervisor will have the skillset necessary to:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Maintains friendly, efficient Spirit of Service attitude towards customers, co-workers and clients.
• Supervises and coordinates staff assignments to ensure efficient and high quality environmental services.
• Assists in employee training, hiring, terminations, counseling, coaching and motivation.
• Maintains an accurate record keeping system for employee time cards.
• Executes established company policies, guidelines and procedures to achieve Total Quality Management requirements.
• Instructs and trains employees.
• Plans and coordinates expenditures for supplies and equipment.
• Adheres to all departmental sanitation procedures.
• Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
• Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with persons of varying age and/or cultures.
• Answers telephone as assigned, routes calls or takes messages appropriately.
• Supports the Mission and Philosophy of the hospital and the Department. Demonstrates an understanding and application of these policies.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card (or attain within 30 days of employment).
• One to two years’ experience as a general utility worker.
• Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively.
• Ability to apply elementary math functions.
• Ability to work well under time constraints.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Basic knowledge of infection control procedures and universal precautions.