Demonstrates proficiency and independence in the care of patients and their families/significant others by applying and documenting the nursing process; assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Consults with staff, physicians and management on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Continues to learn new skills and maintains clinical competency within the department to provide direct and safe patient care.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Promotes positive public relations for the department and the hospital by presenting self in a professional manner; assisting in community service programs, as requested.
• Ability to problem solve patient/family issues to a positive conclusion for all involved.
• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with persons of varying age and/or cultures. Displays a positive attitude at all times.
• Develops and maintains good relationships with co-workers, other department staff and physicians No disruptions.
• Practices 5 rights of medication administration.
• Demonstrates efficient time management skills to maximize productivity.
• Demonstrates and encourages teamwork.
• Asks for assistance and information from others when necessary.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
• Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure.
• Required certifications: BLS within one month of employment.
ACLS and PALS within 6 months and
TNCC within 1 year of employment.
• Able to communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
• Behavioral Med - IP BLS within one month of employment. CPI within 6 months of employment