Maintain and repair various non-specialized facility systems including plumbing fixtures/piping, doors, kitchen equipment, mechanical equipment, furniture, etc. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area.
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Executes preventative maintenance schedules.
• Constant alertness to needed repairs and replacements.
• Routinely inspects equipment and building.
• Handles and manipulates tools and equipment.
• Has sufficient knowledge of equipment in Plant Operations Department including:
o Air compressors
o Electrical and mechanical relays and switches
o Step controllers, velocitrol-velocity and sensor-controllers
o Control valves and actuators
o Steam traps
o Circulating pumps
o Cooling towers
o Reciprocating chillers
o Air handling units
• Must exercise the ability to accurately diagnose and perform repairs on various non-specialized equipment and demonstrate a willingness to assist in the diagnosis and repair of specialized equipment.
• Requisition of equipment and materials needed for installation and repair.
• Manage the coordination of projects with contractors and department directors, as assigned.
• Subject to twenty-four hour call on/off duty hours.