Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is seeking a Clinical Information Specialist in the Clinical Information Department (CIOS) a part of a professional and growing health and health services organization.
GCRMC is a family of people who epitomize the desire to exceed our patient’s expectations in providing the healthcare they need and desire. This opportunity for your personal growth and development is clear.
Nestled in the foothills of the Sacramento Mountain Range, in tranquil Alamogordo, New Mexico; the chance for exploration of the Lincoln National Forest (which is the Sacramento, Guadalupe and Capitan Mountain ranges) and the desert and plains is limited by only your desire to drive there. Las Cruces, Roswell, Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, NM and El Paso, TX are just down the road. Gentle spring, fall and winter weather awaits.
Why Should You Apply?
Generous pay equivalent to experience and work skills
Benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan(s) and more!
401K retirement plans
Paid time off (Vacation!)
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services based on the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and other related criteria appropriate population in his/her assigned area
• Maintains required core competencies.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer application.
• Develops implements, educates, evaluates, maintains, and coordinates the documentation aspect of the Clinical Information system.
• Assists in development and organization of educational training programs.
• Coordinates the assurance of proficiency within clinical areas and interfacing services for each change made to ensure applications are used for maximum efficiency.
• Assists others in developing criteria for application, development, project planning, hardware, and selection of clinically related systems.
• Develops plans of action, policies, procedures and protocol changes, and works with associates to optimize the utilization of the system.
• Delivers timely and high quality problem resolution and escalation services and provides solutions for user questions and requests for information.
• Builds, maintains, and tests clinical information systems.
• Participates in all applicable Information Technology Steering Committee meetings.
• Represents the NET’s interest in core decisions
• Documents and communicates progress and issues to the Project Manager.
• Mentors and coaches team members, supervisors, and end-users.
• Develops, monitors, and manages work plans.
• Participates in all data, functional, and technological decisions made for the specific application.
• Documents and communicates process redesign.
• Monitors Cerner Knowledge Network (CKN) and Cerner Product Advisories and assesses impact and risk.
• Manages OPS jobs and maintenance scripts.
• Runs audit reports and work with departments to ensure data quality.
• Participates in support and troubleshooting activities with the department, Cerner, IS, and other application specialists in the organization.
• Works with department, team members, and other resources to develop maintenance, testing, communication, and conversion plans for system changes following the change control process.
• Tests integration with other products.
• Troubleshoots issues and escalates unresolved issues that cannot be resolved to appropriate personnel in IS or Cerner IAC/IRC.
• Communicates to department(s) and team the status of problems logged to Cerner.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience in healthcare is required and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Cerner information systems preferred. Must have broad based knowledge and competency in software applications and systems. Must be knowledgeable of new trends in clinical practice and information systems, and be able to apply data processing technology for the clinical and physician service areas. Excellent oral and written communication skills will be needed in order to provide information to a wide range of hospital personnel.
• Certifications: Current American Heart – HeartSaver