The Social Worker provides services to patients, and their families experiencing personal or environmental difficulties which may interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care, thus assuring timely discharge and effective post-hospital care. He/she assists in the integration of social work, resource planning within the Department of Care Management.
• Bachelors Degree in Social Work
• At least one-year experience as a LBSW.
• Experience in Medical Social Work, utilization review, discharge planning, and resource management.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with patients, families, physicians, and administration.
• To work well under pressure; to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities; and to utilize critical thinking skills.
• The ability to process and willingness to learn computer skills.
• Demonstrated skills with computers and word processing.
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.