Responsible for providing technical and administrative support for the staff in the Education Department as well as plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Coordinates and provides support of the Educational activities including the collection and coordination of data. Provides other assistance as needed. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Together with Education Team, assesses the educational needs of staff related to orientation competency and performance. Together with Education Team, plans, coordinates, and evaluates in-service and continuing education program to assist individuals to meet performance requirements, to improve quality of patient care, and to achieve organizational goals. Together with Education Team, assesses, plans and monitors staff, patient and family health education needs. Supports Education Department and facilitates education offerings. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or applicable field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Three years recent relevant coordination or management experience in an acute care facility. Previous in-service educator or faculty experience preferred.
• Must be computer literate; proficient in Word Perfect or Microsoft Word, Excel or other spreadsheet software, and Learning Management System (LMS).
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports and presentations.
• Business-related socials skills; interpersonal and communication skills, adaptable to frequent changes.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff. Current American Heart – Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.