The Server Administrator's role is to design, install, administer, and optimize 30 company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. The successful candidate must have at least 4 years of experience in system administration preferred medical environment, be an expert in Windows Administration and be interested in learning new technologies. Specific requirements include WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN, DHCP, DNS, DFS, RRAS, Kerberos, LDAP, hardware maintenance and upgrades, networks/ server. The candidate must have good knowledge of: Active Directory, with managing and deploying servers, knowledge of Exchange Server management and support, familiarity with CISCO, 3 Com, and firewall technologies. Knowledge of Linux/ Unix and AS400 is a plus. Where applicable, the Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm. This position also requires on-call. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
4 years’ experience in computer system administration.
· This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
· Proven experience and success with LAN, and WAN design and implementation.
· Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
· Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft.
· Excellent knowledge of telephony systems.
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including WPA.
· Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Extensive application support experience with Barracuda, Proof point, Tipping Point.
· Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Certification: A+, NET+, MCSA, MCSE is a plus.
Performs related responsibilities as assigned.