The clinical information nurse is responsible under the Chief Nursing Officer and VP of Patient Care Services for developing, planning, organizing, directing and evaluating nursing and clinical needs to maintain a high quality of service and achieve clinical and ancillary goals at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center. Responsible as a change agent to support and integrate quality patient care and best practices, ensuring all services, and operations meet the objectives of the organization. The clinical informatics nurse under the guidance of the CNO and Director of Clinical Operations Systems will help establish the future direction for operational excellence and clinical outcomes, patient care and physician satisfaction, physician relationship and integration. The clinical informatics nurse will have a dotted line responsibility to Director of Clinical Operations Systems in order to work as an integral part of clinical operations systems.
· Associate of Sciense ; Nursing IT experience required.
· Strong technical knowledge clinical applications and database. Cerner preferred
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· In-depth knowledge of applicable HIPAA, data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong Organizational skills with flexibility and ability to prioritize.
· Strong understanding of project management principles.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to lead multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams both internally and externally.