Performs day-to-day functions for the hospital, including operating telephone switchboard, relaying incoming and outgoing calls, internal office messages, alarm monitoring, primary contact for overhead paging, operating a two-way radio system to dispatch both Security and Maintenance personnel. Acts as a central point of contact for hospital communication systems. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent plus on year experience as a PBX Operator, clerical position or its equivalents
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Must have knowledge of telephone etiquette and toll fraud security; radio transmission procedures and Federal Communication Commission rules and regulations governing operating of a two-way radio.
• Must be able to accurately handle several tasks at one time during stressful situation.
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.